In the land of pairing food with libations, there are wine pairings and beer pairings but whiskey pairings? Apparently, this is considered “outré by many” but as I learned one late Saturday morning, whiskey not only serves as a pretty effective hair of the dog, but it goes really well with waffles. I’m talking the freshly made, thick, crispy, golden kind that is ready to be topped with piles of toppings like maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, and fruit. If you’re not groggy from food coma after this, you’ll ease into your lazy Saturday by sipping on Old Fashioneds. It gets your creative juices flowing before you start getting crafty.
- Greenpoint This Week: Neighborhood Safety Coalition, West Street Truck Takeover, Park Deli Reopens, and More!
- Watch as Construction Trucks Convene For Blocks on West Streets’ Protected Bike Lane
- Park Designs to be Presented at CB1 Parks and Waterfront Committee Meeting (1/27)
- Have thoughts on the Oscar noms? So do these Greenpointers
- Where to Donate Reusable Bags Ahead of NY’s Plastic Bag Ban