If you have not heard of rapper, former chef and Viceland host Action Bronson’s low culture cult following, you may soon be aware of his larger-than-life presence. Born in Queens and reportedly living in North Brooklyn, he has become an icon somewhat for his brazen rap stylings, but is probably more acclaimed for his self-proclaimed lyrical adoration of the pre-packaged foods most of us grew up with—chicken tenders, Starburst, Steak-umms; and his more complex and grown-up gourmet tastes—steak that’s aged for over 20 days, lamb that’s been roasted over 7 hours, stuffing filled with truffles and pears. As a chubby, foul-mouthed yet lovable character, he appeals to many: the shameless (those who would happily chow down on dirty water hotdogs), the detail-oriented (people who would source the best ingredients to create a very simple meal) and the fun-food-havers (regular people at a backyard BBQ where the smoker’s been going for hours, where homemade food and booze is abundant and anything goes). Continue reading
- Thursday Spotlight: Tony Falcone Captures Portraits of L Train Commuters in the Face of Change
- Your Guide To Watching The World Cup in Greenpoint
- Get This Heart Shaped Pizza On Pizza at Vinnie’s Pizzeria Today (6/21) for Charity!
- Pleasure Principle, Pride, Summer Solstice and Mystic Poets — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (6/20 – 6/26)
- Free Yoga in Bushwick Inlet Park on Sundays All Summer!