If you’ve noticed a treacherous traffic signal or wished for the addition of a particular crosswalk on the streets of Greenpoint or North Williamsburg, now’s your chance to speak up. In the ongoing North Williamsburg Transportation Study, the New York City Department of Transportation (DOT) is surveying the portion of Brooklyn Community District #1 that stretches north of Broadway and Flushing Avenue between Newtown Creek and the East River to boost both safety and convenience for commuters. The initiative is a response to complaints and transportation hitches as the hot neighborhood grows increasingly crowded with architectural developments and thronged with both inhabitants and visitors.
By Leah Pellegrini
- Stories from the Rainforest, Universal Love, Cumbancha Flamenca, Vegan Dinner — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (1/22-1/28)
- Classic Nassau Avenue Deli Closed by Department of Health
- Welcome Campers! Wild Honey Pies’ Memorial Day Weekend Camp and Music Festival Beckons
- Is Williamsburg Getting A Vessel at the Domino Development?
- Kimchee Market Closes For Rennovations, Plans February Relaunch