Like songs on a layered and atmospheric record album, the paintings at Janet Kurnatowski shimmer and dance along the gallery walls. “Geometry Poems” presents paintings by seven contemporary artists working in various modes of abstraction. Ranging from the soft and lyrical to the sharp and solid, the grouping offers plenty of formal and emotional contrast. Continue reading
By Alyssa Fanning
- Looking for Love on the G Train, Life and Death in Brooklyn — The Hook-up (2/23)
- Peace, Love, and Dopeness in The Bushwick Starr’s New Spaceship Spectacular
- North Brooklyn Development Meeting—Flooding Edition This Thursday (3/1)
- Weekend Art Roundup 2/23–2/24—Transgression, New Wave + An Epic Saga
- The Sea Train: Will Ferries Mean Smooth Sailing Through L-Pocalypse?