Welcome to Greenpointers.com Assignments page. All information on this page is confidential and we trust that you will not share this information with other online publications.
Here you will find writing guidelines & payment info.
You can pitch stories to editor at greenpointers.com and contentmanager at Greenpointers.com.
Or directly contact one of our Editors:
editor at Greenpointers.com (News, Events)
music at Greenpointers.com
food at greenopointers.com
fashion at Greenpointers.com
art at Greenpointers.com
ALL ASSIGNMENTS ARE PAID & MUST INCLUDE GOOD PHOTOS!
We can send along a photographer if you don’t feel comfortable taking photos.
$10 for the first post and occasional contributions
$15 for regular contributions (about once a week, roughly 3x a month)
Payment info below:
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- ENVIRONMENT (OIL SPILL, MEEKER AVE PLUME, GARBAGE, NEWTOWN CREEK)
- RECREATION (PARK ACTIVITIES, SPORTS, NORTH BROOKLYN BOAT CLUB)
- HEALTH & FITNESS (DIETS, CLASSES, WELLNESS)
- DIY PROJECTS (HOME DESIGN, GARDEN, ORGANIZATION, FASHION)
- LOCAL SHOPPING/FASHION (DESIGNERS, STREET FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY)
- LOCAL FOOD (NEW RESTAURANTS, REVIEWS, FOOD MOVEMENT, FARMER’S MARKETS, CSAs)
- COMMUNITY/NEWS/DEVELOPMENTS/REAL ESTATE
- POLISH COMMUNITY (CUSTOMS, HOLIDAYS, FOOD, SHOPPING)
- ARTS (OPENINGS, ARTIST SPOTLIGHTS)
- MUSIC (PLAYLISTS, VENUES, SPECIFIC SHOW REVIEW, BAND INTERVIEWS)
- CAUSES (FUNDRAISERS/KICKSTARTERS)
- NEW BUSINESSES (PROFILE, INTERVIEWS)
- PHOTO ESSAYS (LANDSCAPE, PEOPLE, STORIES)
- BOOK REVIEWS
1. Add your BIO in your user settings
2. Add your photo by creating a Gravatar account (using the same email that is associated with the WordPress Account) and upload a bio photo. This will automatically display next to your BIO under your post.
1. Most important RULE – ALWAYS LEAVE POSTS SAVED AS DRAFTS & email the appropriate editor once your post is ready to be edited. (If you’re unsure – email editor at Greenpointers.com)
• Size: .JPG; Max. 550px Wide at 72dpi under 50K – (Max 500px Wide with caption) – Instructions: if you have Photoshop or Preview – resize images then save for web. If you cannot downsize images – please let us know and we can help.
•All posts must have at least one photo. If you don’t have one, we can’t publish your post. If you need help with photography, let us know.
• Naming Images:
Use the following labels for images: Whatsisit_location_Greenpointers_yourname.jpg
• Credit all sources when they are not your own in the caption using © – Press altG to get the copyright symbol. [For local businesses, you may use “via Business Name’s Instagram” or “via Business Name’s Facebook page” as the caption and link out to that image or page.]
• When you upload describe the image into WordPress the “ALT” field and CAPTION IT
Ex. Newtown Creek Treatment Plant
*Make sure you add links throughout your posts. That helps us get indexed for search engines (and is just good form anyway). For businesses, please link to our Directory Listing if we have one for the business.
List the business address; this is especially important in Roundup posts.
Always have the Interviewer in italics, named “GP” – sample below:
GP: When did you guys begin…
Always have the Interviewee in bold with their First Name – sample below:
Johnnie: We began in 1997 in our parent’s garage…
4. EMAIL LIST: You are part of a Greenpointers contributors list. If you no longer wish to receive emails – just let us know!
*Please note: Writing fee will ONLY be paid for EXCLUSIVE CONTENT created for Greenpointers.com. Cross-posting content is not acceptable.
If you are using writing/photography you created for Greenpointers in your online portfolio/blog, then linking directly to the article/photo (with a short snippet) is appropriate.