Mondo.NYC returns to New York City October 2-5 with a new Brooklyn home. The global emerging music and frontier technology conference moves to North Brooklyn — the daytime conference HQ is at the Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave) with evening live music in Brooklyn and Manhattan venues including Brooklyn Bowl, Pianos, The Delancey, DROM, Coney Island Baby, Berlin, and Arlene’s Grocery, among others. Tickets are on sale now, with special 50% pre-registration pricing and student discounts.
This year Mondo.NYC partners with The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), Guild of Music Supervisors, Record Store Day, international consular and export agencies, and multiple additional partners to present a comprehensive program for industry, artists, media, and fans. At Mondo, fans connect with artists, professionals build their network, and leading names in music and tech engage with an audience of business pioneers and veterans.
2018 Mondo.NYC highlights include:
- RIAA hosts “Everything You Need to Know About Streaming Revenue and Policy in One Hour”
- Guild of Music Supervisors NYC Education Event & Film Fest
- Record Store Day presents “A Conversation With…” Series at Rough Trade Records
- The Second Annual Marauder Radio Room @ Pianos — College stations record interviews and live sessions with Mondo showcasing artists.
- MusicTech Day @ Mondo.NYC hosted by Brian Zisk
- Northern Beat: Indigenous Canadian New Music Showcase at the Metropolitan Museum of Art with iskwé, DJ Shub with James Jones and Elisapie
- HOTS, The Hungarian Music Export Bureau, presents Breakthrough Artists from Hungary Ivan & the Parazol and Mörk
- SWISS LIVE TALENTS present KT Gorique, The Last Moan, Sophie De Quay & The Waveguards, Eliane Amherd
Mondo 2018 will showcase over 150 breakthrough artists from around the world. In addition to the above international artists, the first round of US-based artists – from Brooklyn’s best to breakthrough acts from across the USA – will be announced shortly.
Artists can currently “Apply To Play” via the Level Artist Submission platform presented exclusively by Level, a new music distribution platform for independent artists focused on building community and tools for the next generation of musicians. Artists wishing to be considered for Mondo showcase performances can apply here. For more information about Level click here.
Mondo’s initial agenda has been unveiled, inclusive of panels, speed meeting sessions, one-on-ones, NY music industry meetups, and more. Conference events will be held at The Williamsburg Hotel, Rough Trade Records, and Brooklyn Bowl. Click here for the schedule.