What do you do with your old electronics that you can’t seem to give away? Throwing it in the trash is illegal ($100 fine), so here’s your chance to get rid of them old things once and for all – legally! Partnered with Lower East Side Ecology Center and Tekserve, Grand Street BID is hosting an E-Waste Recycling event January 16th from 10am-4pm on Grand St between Graham Ave and Humboldt St.
WHAT TO BRING (working and non working):
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and E-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, & DVD Players
• Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
They cannot accept home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, or air conditioners and we also cannot accept ionization smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors (those that are labeled as containing radioactive material).
If you cannot make it to the E-Waste Recycling event, they have drop off centers that accept donations Tue-Sun. For more information, please call (212)477-4022.