Wildes & Weinberg Want to Welcome You to the USA!
New York City has incredible opportunities for an ambitious person, so it’s an attractive permanent destination for thousands of people each year. In fact, it’s likely you yourself came here from elsewhere. Did you know that more than half of New Yorkers are transplants? Furthermore, more than one out of three New Yorkers are immigrants. That includes your adorable friend from the UK who works in fashion, the handsome singer from Australia you dated, and maybe even your next door neighbor here in Greenpoint! How did all of our immigrant friends get here? What is the process like for someone who wants to stay? If you’re an immigrant, WILDES & WEINBERG P.C. can help you understand your options.

There are various short and long term ways to obtain valid immigration status in the U.S., allowing you to live and work here as you please. Here are a few examples:

1. Many of us fall in love and want to marry our partner; but when a foreigner marries a U.S. citizen, love isn’t the only perk. A U.S. citizen can sponsor their foreign spouse for a green card. So if you are in love and want to share your life with your U.S. Citizen partner, this could be a good option.

2. If you love your job and your employer wants you to grow with the company. Will they sponsor you for a visa? If so, you may apply for a work visa which allows you to work and play in the USA! There are also work visas (and green cards) available for various types of artists, musicians, scholars and athletes who are extraordinary in their field.


3. Go back to school! You can always get a student visa and build up your credentials and brand. You can get your 1st, 2nd or 3rd degree at an accredited university. CAREFUL: It’s hard to transition to more advanced visas (O visa etc.) from school.

4. Are you lucky enough to have substantial savings? You can get a green card or a long term work visa based on an investment in a U.S. company.

5. Do you have a U.S. citizen relative (parent, child, grandparent, or sibling)? They may be able to sponsor you for a green card.

These immigration processes are complex and far more difficult than just filling out an application. Call Wildes & Weinberg, P.C. at 212-753-3468 to set up a consultation with Michael Wildes. Mention this ad and receive a discount of $100 off your consultation. Please visit our website at www.wildeslaw.com.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *