What’s Happening? (1/25-1/31)
• Poker Unleashed @ TBD (224 Franklin) 7:30pm, fundraiser for Dog Habitat Rescue.
• Bruichladdich & Burn’s Supper @ Noorman’s Kil (609 Grand) 7-9pm Taste Islay Single Malt Scot Whisky and celebrate the life and works of the poet Robert Burns; Scottish by birth and held in fond regard by Scots all over the world.
• Swap for a Cause @ 61 Greenpoint Ave, Suite 501, $25, 7-9:30pm, 2nd annual Flying Kites Oasis clothing swap, to benefit orphaned and vulnerable children in Kenya, drinks and light snacks, Bring an item home for every item brought to the swap.
• Largehearted Boy’s 10th Anniversary @ Word (126 Franklin) 7-8pm, a birthday-themed reading and fundraiser for Girls Write Now! Cupcakes by The Brooklyn Baker. Readers: Emma Straub & Jennifer Gilmore. Music by: Alina Simone. RSVP
♫ Bustle in Your Hedgerow @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe) $10, 9pm, A band showcasing only Zep tunes. But don’t call them a tribute band they channel Led Zeppelin’s songs with such passion and energy, you would swear they are their own songs. RSVP
♦ The Sugar Bread House @ The End (13 Greenpoint Ave) Opening Reception 7-10pm, Paintings and Drawings by Lorene Taurerewa & Warwick Mcleod
* Brooklyn Writer’s Space Reading Series @ Book Court (163 Court St) 7-9:30pm, readings by David J. Rose, Nina Herzog, Christina Lewis Halpern and Leslie Maslow, RSVP
♫ Emily Einhorn/Blues in Space/Iced Ink @ Greenpoint Gallery (390 McGuinness) 8pm, Free, Two floors filled with “Magical Music Showcases” and & open call art show. RSVP
♦ 120dB @ Fort Useless (26 Ditmars, Bushwick) Opening Reception 6-10pm, a group exhibit showcasing the work of thirteen female concert photographers, curated by Maryanne Ventrice, More info
♦ Cactus Milk @ Youth Group Gallery (407 Johnson Ave, Bushwick) 7pm, a solo exhibition by Michelle Matson, includes painting, sculpture and large scale installation, RSVP
♥ Kielbasa @ Veronica People’s Club (105 Franklin) 10pm, Homosexual bar, Homosexual Party, Free booze 10:30-11, RSVP
* Winter Bird Walk, Meet at VPC (105 Franklin) at 9am, BYOB (binoculars!) A walking tour guided by Peter Dorosh, president of the Brooklyn Bird Club, learn about our avian neighbors, RSVP
* Greenpoint Hand Skills: Snowy Day Skills Session 2 @ Greenpoint Library 10am-2pm, Each month’s craft is inspired by a book. Coffee, music & FUN! RSVP
* Sex During and After Pregnancy @ Caribou Baby (272 Driggs) $10, 3-5pm, Get the information you need to enjoy your sexuality on your own terms during this momentous time, hosted by Babeland.
♦ Art Hack @ 319 Scholes (Bushwick) “Massive Party” 7pm, Artists and collaborators will inhabit 319 Scholes from 1/26-28 to create and explore the participatory nature of technology. The event will be streamed to online audiences, who will participate through various platforms to be listed on the ArtHackDay.net website.
• Girls Only Basketball Clinic @ BK HS for Communications (300 Willoughby, Ft. Greene) 11:30am, FREE, open to girls 7-14 yrs, Pre-Register
• A Wedding & Cocktail Event @ The Parlour Brooklyn (72 Greenpoint) 3-6pm, a specially chosen group of Brooklyn based wedding vendors to help with all of your bridal needs plus cocktails, RSVP
* Scrap NYC Paper Craft Group @ Uncanny Valley (26-09 Jackson Avenue, LIC) 7pm, a paper craft group that explores paper making and paper craft. Followed by a Potluck!
• Homebrew Celebration @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 No. 11th) 6:30-9:30pm, celebrate the sixth annual Homebrew Alley national homebrew competition! Doors open to all friends of the New York City Homebrewers Guild, including entrants of this year’s competition, and friends thereof: anybody at all that wants to support the homebrewing community, say “Homebrew Alley” at the door for admission! RSVP
* Open Drawing @ [email protected] (2 Kinsgland) 7-9pm, Join Round Robin Collective members for a loosely structured studio drawing workshop where participants can come in and draw, discuss their work, hang out and learn about RRC and [email protected] More info.
* Masters of Social Gastronomy: Food Lecture Series @ Public Assembly (7 No. 6th) FREE, 7-10pm, Sarah Lohman of Four Pounds Flour and Jonathan Soma of the Brooklyn Brainery take on a curious food topic and break down the history, science, and stories behind it. This month’s topic is strange meat, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event