The Habitat holds a special place in my heart. The Habitat was one the first spots that Greenpointers scooped coming into the hood. Way back in March of 2008, I got one of my first tips and wrote about it. Nicole reached out and from there on, her sangria and her staff had me hooked. The Habitat is, to me, the best bar in Greenpoint.
Later this month they are holding their 4th Annual Wing Eating Contest. It has blown up into a hugely popular neighborhood event over the years. Here are the details:
– The contest will be taking place on Tuesday August 30th at 10pm.
– 12 contestants will be competing to see who can eat the most wings in 10 minutes.
– The winner will be awarded $100 cash and trophy.
– The reigning two-time champion, Will Millender will be defending his title of 43 wings (the previous year he won by eating 48). Note: contestants do not have to eat 43 wings to win; they simply must eat more than the other contestants.
– Interested candidates must submit their names to the bar (limit one entry).
– We will select contestants via random drawing on August 22nd (one week prior to the event).
– There is a $5 entry fee for participants; all will receive a complimentary t-shirt. The event takes place during our weekly .35 wing night (the special will be available throughout the night of the event).
Today is Tuesday – why not go on down and check out their weekly wing night deal and see if you got the chops to compete?!
4th Annual Wing Eating Contest
Tuesday, August 30th 2011 at 10pm
988 Manhattan Avenue