This Saturday, May 22 North Brooklyn is having a little charity fueled drinking run. Dubbed the “WillPoint Pub Crawl” it benefits American Cancer Society and is sponsored by local friends Red Star Bar.
Have your drinking sneakers laced up by 3pm beginning at Spike Hill and/or the Brooklyn Ale House. Patrons can pick up a “crawl card”, a drink to benefit the American Cancer Society and most importantly a stamp! Crawl up Bedford Ave into Greenpoint, purchase a drink at every participating pub and get your crawl card stamped along the way to receive a completion prize at Red Star, and automatically be entered into a grand prize raffle!
While I think drinking is wonderful, I almost always pair it with eating. I have taken the liberty to add a few complimentary morsels to the below list of drinking stops. If you decide to participate I hope you indulge in at least one of these snacks.
WillPoint Pub Crawl Participants and food suggestions
- Spike Hill (Bedford and N.7th): Curry Fries $4.75
- Brooklyn Ale House (Berry and N. 8th): Peter’s (168 Bedford Avenue ) mac and cheese $3.50
- Soft Spot (Bedford, between N. 9th and N.10th)
- Mugs Ale House (Bedford and N.10th): Grilled Portabello Sandwich $6.50
- The Gibson (Bedford and N. 11th): Kim’s Market (460 Driggs Ave) Granny Smith Apple $1.00
- The Gutter (N. 14th between Berry and Wythe)
- Shayz Lounge (Franklin between Milton and Greenpoint): Le Gamin (108 Franklin street) Ham+Swiss Crepe $7
- Black Rabbit (Greenpoint between Franklin and Manhattan): Bratwurst $6
- Red Star (37 Greenpoint Ave, at the corner of West): Summa Dis N’ Summa Dat $15
Facebook event here.