Mmmmm Brouwerij Lane beer tasting. Reserve your spot now beer lovers!
Join us the weekend of February 19th, 20th and 21st for our first official in-store tasting. Our focus will be on American Style Barleywines and we’ll have 10 cask and draught examples to quaff. We’ll start with the maltiest and work our way through to the hoppiest, discuss the style and the specific characteristics of each beer. Be sure to get a good meal in beforehand, because these beers pack a punch.
and now check out our twitter page:
Ladies and Gents,
To help you thaw out this weekend we’ve got some great beers on draught for in-store half pints and pints as well as 32 oz and 64 oz growlers to go:
* From Victory Brewing out of Downingtown, PA we have their new single hop variety series called Pursuit Pale ale. This first edition pale ale is brewed with 100% American Nugget hops, which impart a pungent, resinous quality. This beer allows you to experience the subtle characteristics that just one hop variety can add.
* Also from Victory, we have a keg of their Scarlet Fire Rauchbier which is brewed using malts kilned over an open beechwood fire. If you’ve never experienced rauchbier before, this is a great beginner’s rauch. Malty and light with a complex smokey finish.
* To celebrate local favorite Sixpoint’s Fifth Anniversary, we have a few barrels of Double Sweet Action. If you enjoy Sixpoint’s flagship Sweet Action then now you can try the double strength version. I suspect this beer will move quickly, so get it while you can.
* Back by popular demand we have the new Brewmaster beer from Brooklyn Brewery titled Cookie Jar Porter. Brewed with whole golden oats, raisins, vanilla bean and honey, this beer appeals to the oatmeal cookie lover. Though it sounds very sweet and dessert-like, this porter actually finishes quite dry with an interesting cookie-ish quality. The perfect way to cap off a valentines night.
* For those hop fans we have two hoppy beers from Green Flash Brewing. West Coast IPA is an aggressively bitter, floral and citrusy example of southern California brewing. If you need a little more kick, we’re also pouring their Imperial IPA, which clocks in at a hefty 9.4%
* And if strong beer is your thing, than we’re pouring Smuttynose Wheat Wine as a prequel to our Barleywine Tasting next weekend. This beer shares many of the sweet, malty characteristics of traditional barleywine, only with a large wheat component.