The job market sucks. My friends are getting laid off left and right. Wouldn’t it be great if you could walk to work? A reader emailed me this craigslist posting suggesting I blog about it and it got me thinking that if I can help even one Greenpointer get a job (or a Greenpoint business find an employee) then it’s all good in the hood. So when I come across any openings around the neighborhood, I’ll be sure to post them and feel free to email me any job openings you know of or even if your a local looking for a job, hit me up and maybe I can help a few folks out.
Job Title: Visual Administrator
The name J. McLaughlin is synonymous with classic American clothing and accessories for women and men. Based in New York, J. McLaughlin is a recognized retail industry leader providing high quality clothing with a flare for bold colors and signature prints combined with unexpected design twists. There is a family of 45 J. McLaughlin stores nationwide, catering to those who enjoy beautifully designed and crafted clothing and accessories all produced in their own workshops. Visit our web-site at Jmclaughlin.com for more information.
J. McLaughlin is looking for a detail oriented individual with the taste and understanding of a “Ralph Lauren Lifestyle’”. This candidate must be flexible to many aspects of the position. There will be creative opportunities for visual ideas for windows and special events and there are administrative aspects of budgeting and correspondence and problems solving for the store construction and design area. This candidate must possess great computer and communication skills. A definite self starter with a flexible and friendly attitude.
– Creative visual ideas for store windows and presentations
– Calendar of events and progress – Budgets for visual and store projects
– Hands on for implementation of designs
– Able to lift 50 pounds and work on ladders.
– Self starter and team player
– Easily create spreadsheets and correspondence for Project Manager
– Understanding of building projects and designs helpful.
– Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word a must.
– Two to Three years experience in visual requested
– Some travel may be required.