Save The Date: A Phat Way to Spend a Tuesday
DJs playing classic greasy R & B sides from the great state of Louisiana, tons of Mardi Gras beads, homemade King Cakes, hurricane drink specials, raffle prizes, perhaps some second lining, & much more!
Here are some of the raffle prizes from from fabulous local businesses (the list is growing; expect more prizes to come!)
- Three $35 gift certificates and t-shirts from Enid’s
- $20 gift certificate from WORD bookstore
- $25 gift certificate from daddy’s bar
- $25 gift certificate from the Mighty Diamond
- Two pairs of general admission tickets to The Brooklyn Museum
- $50 gift certificate for lunch at Great Jones Cafe
- Two pairs of general admission tickets to The Frick
- gift certificate to Dalaga
- gift certificate to The Diamond Bar
- Sew U (book) from Built by Wendy
- His (cuff links) or Hers (ring) from the Go-Go line by Camille Hempel Jewelry Design
- t-shirts, DVDs, etc from Sound Fix
Buy one ticket for $2, five tickets for $5 and fifteen tickets for $10. Contact us if you can’t make the party and would like to purchase some tickets.
The drawing will be held at 10:30pm at the party.
You do not need to be present to receive your prize – we’ll contact you.
All of the proceeds from the Raffle and drink specials will go to the project described below:
The New Orleans Public Library NOPL Archives:
The City Archives and Special Collections have microfilms of the Times-Picayune that are going vinegary. We need to replace the films back to mid- late-19th century and clean/replace the cabinets. We have been negotiating with ProQuest, which holds the license, and hope to achieve a price considerably lower than their original figure, but we’re trying to raise $50K, perhaps more, soon.
Come out, bring your friends, and let the good times roll, all while supporting a great cause!
*The Desk Set is an informal group of librarians, archivists, Library Science students and other individuals who love books. The Desk Set gatherings usually entail meeting up at bars in Greenpoint or Williamsburg and sometimes we go on field trips, have picnics or book swaps. Check us out at www.myspace.com/thedeskset & www.thedeskset.org