Recent city investigations have revealed new information about two major health concerns for Greenpoint residents: details on the contaminants—and the plans for clean-up—in one of the nation’s most polluted waterways, Newtown Creek; and the locations of and possible health problems associated with Monsanto’s potentially cancer-causing Roundup, which can be found in many of Greenpoint’s green spaces.
1/2 Brooklyn’s Stylish Women Greenpointers, Liquor Curfew, Go Monsanto!, Rockaways Dome, Domino Video, Gay Marriage: The Hook-Up (3/30)
• Don’t worry the Sunday Night Liquor Curfew is not happening in Greenpoint! (Bushwick Daily)
• But Silent Barn got a liquor license (Brokelyn)!
• MoMA PS1 has installed a temporary geodesic dome in the Rockaways to serve as a center for culture, education, and community.
• My Free Concert & Brooklyn Vegan are psyched about Brain Cave Festival – so are we!!!
• Girls is missing out on some sweet spots in Greenpoint (Brooklyn Magazine)
• Go Monsanto! “Congress passed a bill last week that included a provision which “protects genetically modified seeds from litigation in the face of health risks.” (GOOD)
• Half of Brooklyn’s most styish women live in Greenpoint (Brooklyn Exposed)
• Stop-Motion video of Domino Sugar Factory stars a package of Domino sugar (Animal NY)
• Vinnie’s Pay tribute to Game Of Thrones (FreeWilliamsburg)
• Gay marriage as measure on Facebook “when this movement goes down in the history books, it won’t just include photos of Harvey Milk, but screengrabs of fuzzy viral jpeg artifacts, too.” (Fast Company)