“For every graveyard in the moonlight, there’s a junkyard in the sun,” sings the Texan folk-rocker Butch Hancock. Lately, our weekend music picks have been luring you to some dark worlds, like the ascendant hardcore punk scene in North Brooklyn. Today we head to sunnier climes, and recommend some acoustic, intimate, and heartwarming performances around town.
- Greenpoint This Week: Market Mania, EPA Newtown Creek Plan, 2005 Rezoning and Displacement, and More!
- Weekend Must-Do’s: Greenpointers Nutcracker Holiday Market, Gold Dust, Oddities Flea, STREB Slam + MORE!!
- High Flying STREB Production “Action Heroes: Sooner, Higher, Faster, Harder!” Runs Through 12-15
- EPA Proposes Newtown Creek Tunnel to Divert 61 Percent of Annual Wastewater Overflow
- Thursday Spotlight: Ryan William Downey on creating theater that’s “slapstick comedy, abject horror, and pure existential dread”