“For every graveyard in the moonlight, there’s a junkyard in the sun,” sings the Texan folk-rocker Butch Hancock. Lately, our weekend music picks have been luring you to some dark worlds, like the ascendant hardcore punk scene in North Brooklyn. Today we head to sunnier climes, and recommend some acoustic, intimate, and heartwarming performances around town.
- Where to Donate Reusable Bags Ahead of NY’s Plastic Bag Ban
- Greenpoint’s Park Deli Reopens After Temporary Closure
- Stories from the Rainforest, Universal Love, Cumbancha Flamenca, Vegan Dinner — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (1/22-1/28)
- Classic Nassau Avenue Deli Closed by Department of Health
- Welcome Campers! Wild Honey Pies’ Memorial Day Weekend Camp and Music Festival Beckons