Happy Friday, neighbors! This post is the first in a new summer series highlighting the growers and food producers that come to Greenpoint’s McGolrick Park Down-to-Earth Market each Sunday (11 am- 4pm). This week, I chatted with Tom and Denise Warren from Stone and Thistle, based in East Meredith, New York. On their farm, tucked into the foothills of the Catskills, they pasture-raise a variety of animals, such as sheep, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, goats, ducks, pigs, and a herd of about 30 cattle! I asked them to share what they enjoy about Greenpoint and what it’s like to be a small-scale farmer. Continue reading
- GosT Comes to Knitting Factory on February 12
- Greenpoint This Week: North Brooklyn Pipeline Debate, New Indoor Skate Park, City Sewage Plan, and More!
- Help Form The North Brooklyn Parks Alliance Community Committee (1/29)
- Sewage Overflow Public Meeting to Present City’s Proposed Plans (1/29)
- Greenpoint’s Brooklyn Standard Closes Temporarily Due to Basement Flood