A couple of weekends ago, Diamond Lil quietly opened its doors at 179 Nassau Avenue. The bar takes its name from a risqué Broadway play by former Greenpoint resident, playwright, Hollywood star and sex symbol, Mae West. This is just one of the ways the space pays homage to strong women. The bar is co-owned by John Wright and Tim Murray, who is the same owner of Broken Land (105 Franklin Ave.) which hosted several fundraisers for Planned Parenthood leading up to the Women’s March earlier this year. There will likely be fundraisers in the future focusing on local organizations. Continue reading
- Fashion Sundae Episode 17
- Greenpoint This Week: Hummer Crash, Graffiti Rash, Bazaar Liquidation, and More!
- Hateful, Pro Trump Graffiti Returns to Greenpoint Streets
- Brooklyn Bazaar Announces Liquidation Sale Ahead of Final Two Weeks
- Nail of the Day Opens on Franklin Street With Discounts Through the End of November