On October 11th and 12th, Greenpoint record label Mexican Summer celebrated its five-year anniversary with a weekend-long festival at Pioneer Works in Red Hook. We were lucky enough to be there to celebrate with them and sample seventeen (yes, count ’em, seventeen!) astounding acts from their roster. A review of the first day follows. And as a special bonus, before we set foot at the festival we asked co-founder/label manager Keith Abrahamsson to share the label’s history and some favorite things about being located in Greenpoint. Here’s what Keith had to say:
- Greenpoint This Week: Pipeline Protest, Phil Collins Day Returns, Historic District Development Denied, and More!
- Williamsburg Delivery Man Robbed and Stabbed
- Literary Love Bloomed at our “Tree Grows in Brooklyn” Valentine’s Market on Sunday
- Greenpointers Fire Back At Fracked Natural Gas Pipeline
- Suspect Wanted For Random Hammer Attack in Williamsburg