In 2006, artist and educator Brooke Borg was a recent college graduate with a one-way ticket to Barcelona. In 2012, she finally came back to the United States, MFA in hand and fluent in Catalan, ready to continue teaching and creating art in Brooklyn. Her work has been influenced by her travels, her own family and religious background, and the experiences of others that she’s collected and adroitly examined by using drawing, sculpture, and electronic media. Last week, Borg invited Greenpointers to her Calyer Street studio for a preview of her newest works-in-progress about modern love relationships. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Goodbye Jimmy’s, Hello Tropical Storm, Farewell Absentee Ballots, and More!
- Beloved Neighborhood Restaurant Jimmy’s Diner Closes After 13 Years
- See Which Businesses in North Brooklyn Received COVID Relief Money
- Greenpoint Film Festival Will Host a Drive-In Edition This August
- Azure Gourmet Opens Upscale Deli on Franklin Street