Happy Friday, neighbors! This post is the first in a new summer series highlighting the growers and food producers that come to Greenpoint’s McGolrick Park Down-to-Earth Market each Sunday (11 am- 4pm). This week, I chatted with Tom and Denise Warren from Stone and Thistle, based in East Meredith, New York. On their farm, tucked into the foothills of the Catskills, they pasture-raise a variety of animals, such as sheep, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, goats, ducks, pigs, and a herd of about 30 cattle! I asked them to share what they enjoy about Greenpoint and what it’s like to be a small-scale farmer. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Williamsburg Rent Waived, ‘Essential’ Construction Map Revealed, Beloved Shop Owners Pass Away, and More!
- “Essential” Construction Map Shows Greenpoint’s Building Surge Will Continue Through Pandemic
- Carmine Notaro, Owner of Carmine’s Original Pizza Passes Away
- Voters to Decide Fate of MTA Development Site at Bushwick Inlet Park
- ACME’s Fish Fridays Continue With Online Ordering and Curbside Pickup