Apparently, times are tough out there for at least one local artist. From the above Craigslist post, it’s a little unclear if he is legitimately starving or is merely seeking inspired companionship; but either way, Greenpointers do not let other Greenpointers go hungry! If he is truly in need of food, we would recommend seeking out the North Brooklyn Angels van. Today from 1230-130pm, they will be posted up across the street from the Williamsburgh Library (240 Division Ave), to hand out 200 hot meals. Tomorrow (Wednesday), the Greenpoint Reformed Church (136 Milton Street) will host their weekly community dinner from 6-7pm, and on Thursdays from 8am-11am they give out groceries from their food pantry. And if that’s not enough, a while back we compiled a roundup of local bars and restaurants that serve up free or super cheap food and drinks. So there are plenty of options to avoid truly going hungry in the ‘hood. Or, our long haired artist may simply be on the hunt for a woman who knows her way around the kitchen, a lady who is happy to simultaneously craft the perfect bechamel sauce for a hearty truffle mac n cheese, chop up a pink lettuce salad and pour him a glass of natural wine. In any case, hopefully this local artist will starve no more! Continue reading
- Learn about NYC Holiday History in Archive on Parade’s Hometown Holiday History Series!
- Greenpoint Is Third Most Expensive Brookyln Neighborhood to Buy an Apartment
- This Sunday! Shop Great Gifts at the Sugar x Spice Holiday Market: 12/16 at Brooklyn Bazaar
- Williamsburgs’ Enchanted Fillmore Place and the Author Who Immortalized the Street
- Eckford Street Studio Hosts Community Open Studio on December 21