While getting some to-go lunch at Radish (158 Bedford Ave.), I spotted a jar of Spiced Beer Jelly from Anarchy in a Jar. I’d never heard of such a thing, but the first ingredient on the label was Six Craft Ales, along with local apples, sugar, lemon juice, black cardamom, indonesian cinnamon, grains of paradise and all natural pectin. I gave it a go with some crusty bread and bleu cheese. This might be one of my new favorite jarred goodies, right up next to Bacon Marmalade. It is nicely spiced, apples are the prevalent flavor, and it is not too sweet or overly zesty. On cheese it is complimentary like a fig jam would be, but much more subtle in flavor. As for the beer, there isn’t a strong beer flavor, but it’s damn good.
- Promo Code for the NYC PTA Expo & Schoolfest (Sat 10/1), Babyfest (Sun 10/2)!
- VENDOR CALL!! Join our Fall Market Urban Spookfest (Oct 30)!
- Ambient Church, Burlesque Fest, The Saffron Tales – What’s happening, Greenpoint? (9/28–10/04)
- Paul Gold And The Legacy Of The Lathe Kept Alive In Greenpoint
- Avila: A Delicious Venezuelan Newcomer