While getting some to-go lunch at Radish (158 Bedford Ave.), I spotted a jar of Spiced Beer Jelly from Anarchy in a Jar. I’d never heard of such a thing, but the first ingredient on the label was Six Craft Ales, along with local apples, sugar, lemon juice, black cardamom, indonesian cinnamon, grains of paradise and all natural pectin. I gave it a go with some crusty bread and bleu cheese. This might be one of my new favorite jarred goodies, right up next to Bacon Marmalade. It is nicely spiced, apples are the prevalent flavor, and it is not too sweet or overly zesty. On cheese it is complimentary like a fig jam would be, but much more subtle in flavor. As for the beer, there isn’t a strong beer flavor, but it’s damn good.
- Catch Dinner + a Show with The Wild Honey Pie at Archestratus
- TICKET GIVEAWAY! The Brooklyn Wine Fest Returns to Greenpoint with Unlimited Tastes of 100+ International Wines, Live Music, Food & More! (Sat, 10/28)
- Greenpoint Buildings are the Star of a New Halloween-Themed Mobile Game
- Get Your Art On: Greenpoint Gallery Night is This Friday! (10/27)
- This is Thriller: North Brooklyn Halloween Roundup 2017!