WEDNESDAY 3/27 • Newtown Creek CAG Meeting @ LaGuardia Community College (31-10 Thomson Ave, E Building, Room E500) 6-8pm, a conversation with the EPA and NYCDEP about Superfund and Newtown Creek ♦ Free Cities Party NYC-Flint @ Metropolitan Exchange (33 Flatbush Ave) 8-10pm, silent auction, crepes, virtual tours, booze from Michigan, RSVP * Daiquiris & Dub @ Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) 9pm, DJ Kahncept spinning heady dub and reggae, $7 Denizen Rum cocktails
THURSDAY 3/28 ♫ Gondola / Helioscope / Jeremy Mark Freer / Satellite Radion @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Avenue) 7pm, $6 ♥ Is Feminism Sexy? @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, Jennifer Armstrong discusses what feminism means to young women today, RSVP * Skate Night Rockaway Benefit @ Villain (50 N 3rd St) 9pm, FREE, live music, dj’s, mini ramps, art auction, raffle and prizes, food and drinks, RSVP ♥ Pussy Power Aerial & Variety Show @ House of Yes (342 Maujer St, Bushwick) 8pm, $15, estrogen-fueled super-circus celebrating the Va-J-J herself, RSVP ♫ Dichroics / Circle of Buzzards / Dead Stars @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $10 ♫ Reggae Bash @ RBar (451 Meeker Ave) 9:30pm, FREE, 3 Kings Sound, RSVP ♫ Archipelago / Belle Mare / Ora Cogan @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm
SATURDAY 3/30 * Easter Egg Hunt @ McGolrick/Winthrop Park, 11am, $5, Pack a picnic lunch and celebrate the start of spring! • Compost Harvest & Housecleaning @ North Brooklyn Compost Project (McCarren Park, N12th St and Driggs) 1-4pm, harvest compost, take some home, help fancy up the site ♥ Meat All About It @ TBD (214 Franklin St) 2pm, “lets make Misteaks together … bringing back the STEAK! and other yummy outdoor food, DJs Greg Smith & the Broken English at 6pm ♫ Ed Schrader’s Music Beat / Jamaican Queens / Free Blood / Zula @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St) 8pm, $8
SUNDAY 3/31 – Happy Easter! ♦ Easter Craft Fair @ Fashion Rock (372 Tompkins Ave, Bed-Stuy) 4-10pm, More info ♫ Unstoppable Death Machines / Fake Hooker / Respect / Laughters / Mtns. @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm
• Repeal Anniversary Party @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 4pm, celebrate the anniversary of The end of Prohibition with $4 beers and $8 cocktails. • Big Terrific Comedy Sandy Benefit @ Cameo Gallery (93 N. 6th St.) 8pm, $10, Max Silvestri / Gabe Liedman / Hannibal Buress / John Mulaney / Bob Powers / Brent Sullivan, RSVP
* Oral History & Public Health: The Newtown Creek Community Health and Harms Narrative @ Columbia Law School (701 Case Lounge, 7th Fl) 6-8pm, oral historian Suzanne Snider discusses the use of community-based oral history to politicize victims of environmental injustice and to establish a collaborative public health report and map, based on the testimony of long-term residents in Greenpoint and East Williamsburg and Maspeth., More info * Private Vintage/Lingerie Sale @ (303 Kingsland Ave #3R) 6-10pm, after work private sale featuring White Dove Vintage apparel and accessories, NaïS Lingerie and wine, RSVP • KRRB Home for the Holidays Housewarming Party @ Area 17 (99 Richardson St, 2nd Fl) 7-9pm, KRRB is building a cozy apartment in their HQ and everything is for sale. Find jewelry, furniture, home decor, of both vintage and handmade, plus cider and eggnog, RSVP♥ Congeneric @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) Opening Reception, 7-10pm, Artwork by TFUK (Francis Christie), Proceeds donated to Rockaway Renegades for Sandy Relief ♦Wood Sculptures by Merijn Hos @ Beginnings (110 Meserole Ave) 7-10pm, Enter a lively forest of shapes and colors, enjoy a feast of immersive sculpture and three-dimensional charm,More info ♫Sarah Neufeld, Lone Wolf, Colin Stetson, Holly Miranda @ Zebulon (258 Wythe Ave) 9pm, Free
♦ Postcards to North Brooklyn @ [email protected] (2 Kingsland Ave) a group art show to benefit St. Nicks Alliance’s, Over 100 artists have donated their vision of North Brooklyn through 4 × 6” postcards created especially for the event, More info ♦ Holiday Show @ Clay Space 1205 (1205 Manhattan Ave. Ste 2-4-1), 5-9pm, Ceramic art show, RSVP ♦ Calicornucopia @ Calico (67 West St #206) 7-10pm, an evening of wintry festivity close to 100 pieces of artwork by artists from Brooklyn and beyond, all priced at $300 or less, RSVP ♦ Booklyn Bookshop Pop-up Exhibition @ Booklyn (37 Greenpoint Ave, 4th Fl) 7-10pm, celebrating a weekend long pop-up to celebrate the holiday season and the launch of their new online store. ♦ Year Two: Postcard Exhibition, BDay & Raffle Fundraiser @ Fowler (67 West St, #216) 7-10pm, Artists from all over have sent postcard-sized works that are $80 and under, Globular Cluster performs, local raffle, RSVP • HO HO HO & Mistletoe: Holiday Party with Self-Portrait Project @ Old Hollywood (99 Franklin St) 8-11pm, Andy Lin’s Self Portrait Project will have an Old Hollywood makeover so come dressed to impress and get your holiday photos made, RSVP ♫Gary War / Purple Pilgrims / PC Worship / Alan Watts @ Death By Audio (49 So. 2nd St) 8pm, $7
SATURDAY 12/8 • Greenpointers Holiday Market @ From The Source (69 West St) noon-6pm, do all your local gift shopping, over 40 designers, makers and artists, DIY gift wrap, photo booth and refreshments, RSVP • ManufactureNY X Love Us Holiday Pop-Up @ The End (13 Greenpoint Ave) noon-6pm, everything is 100% Made in the USA by local designers, RSVP • NYC Beard & Moustache Competition @ Warsaw (261 Drigg Ave) 6:30pm, $15, Compete for best in 13 categories, like “styled mustache,” and “women’s most realistic.” Bands, belly dancers, raffle, drink specials and pierogies. Proceeds donated to local NYC MS Society chapter, Buy Tix
SUNDAY 12/9 • Photos with Santa to benefit Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue @ My Two Dogs Inc. (434 Manhattan Ave) 10:30am-3:30pm, $6/picture donation, raffles and prizes! Santa is back- bring your dog, your kids, the whole family and have your picture taken with Santa for a good cause, photos will be emailed. ♦ Holiday Art Auction @ (240 Broadway #303) 4-8pm, artists auction their work, silently, bids start as low as $30 bucks, all profit goes directly to the artist, Brooklyn Brewery beer!
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ SANDY BENEFIT ♦ Art Event
Tonight (12/4) from 7-10pm is the Big Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive Party at Red Star (34 Greenpoint Ave). They will be collecting toys and raising money for local kids affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Many lost almost everything they had. The toy drive will focus specifically on the children affected by the hurricane and attempt to bring them some joy through toys this holiday season.
Open bar/Raffle/50/50 Cover: $20 or a new, unwrapped toy valued at $20 or more (all proceeds to go the Big Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive)
If you can’t make the party, you can drop off unwrapped toys on any East River Ferry vessel, from Nov. 25 until December 16th.
-Vacation voucher good for a 3 night cruise, with your choice of destinations including Mexico, the Bahamas and several Caribbean destinations. Airfare included! -ONE YEAR PASS on the East River Ferry -$75 gift certificate to Calyer Restaurant -$75 gift certificate to Anella Restaurant -At the Corner Barber: Haircut, hot shave, & Amercan Crew Dopp Kit (value $102.00) -At Mousey Brown Salon: Haircut & Pureoloogy hair care gift box (value $107.00) -Two pool passes for the King & Grove Hotel in Williamsburg
This looks like so much fun and a really great way to help out this season!
On Monday, December 3rd, 2012 at 8pm The Brick (579 Metropolitan Ave) is hosting a one-night-only benefit performance to aid the Brooklyn Recovery Fund, featuring contributed scenes from acclaimed Off-Broadway companies celebrating NYC. Brooklyn Brewery beer. Donations at the door.
A few bucks gets you a raffle ticket for some great local prizes, a beer, first hand accounts of kitchen mishaps and survival, and some awesome speed networking– not bad for a Tuesday night! Food vendors will also be on hand to curb your hunger. Register and/or Donate Now!
You don’t have to be in the food industry to attend, so register and spread the word!
Raffle and ticket sales will benefit ReStore Red Hook, which is helping businesses devastated by Hurricane Sandy (the majority of businesses on their site suffered damages of $50,000 or more, and they need help reaching their goal). Food vendors will also donate 10% of sales to ReStore Red Hook.
• Training Tips for Rescue Dogs @ Empire of The Dog (415 Grand St) 7:30pm-9:30pm, FREE, Seminar with personal Q&A to help acclimate your rescue dog in his forever home. RSVP: Shana (AT) empireofthedog.com
♥ Greenpointers Comedy Benefit For AdoptNY @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8:30pm, $7, 100% Proceeds + 10% Bar donated, hosted by The Lucas Brothers, drink specials, RSVP
* Show and Tell (And Trade) @ KRRB HQ (99 Richardson St) 7-10pm, hosted by Dan Kennedy of The Moth, in celebration of the author, Benjamin Anastas’ new book “Too Good to Be True,” Anastas will do a reading and trade a signed copy, More info
♦ Bad on It’s Own @ Calico Brooklyn (67 West St #206) 7-9pm, featuring recent works by Amanda Browder & Martin Esteves, RSVP
♦ Patterns, Marks, Repititions @ Beginnings (110 Meserole Ave) Opening Reception 7-10pm, Work by Eric Timothy Carlson, Jungil Hong, Hiro Kurata
* Skip Macy’s : Acme Studio (FREE) Holiday Photo Op @ Acme Studio (63 N 3rd) 10am-3pm. Acme Studio is building a winter wonderland set for kids to interact with and will have a photog on hand to capture the moment and send parents home with hi-res file. More Info
♥ Rockaway Renegades and Magic Marc present: Aprés-Rescue! @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 6-9pm, A disaster volunteer appreciation and unwind party – serving you some relief, “Don’t change. Come dirty.” RSVP
♥ ♫ Bands, Beers & Hugs: Sandy Benefit @ Public Assembly (70 No. 6th St) 1-9pm, 18 BANDS play to raise money for New York Cares Sandy Relief, RSVP
♥ Soup Bowl Fundraiser @ EAT (124 Meserole Ave) 4-6pm, $25, Chose a handmade bowl, enjoy a soup from The Splendid Spoon and a Brooklyn Brewery Beer, All Proceeds Benefit Greenpoint Soup Kitchen, Reserve Your Bowl Now
♥ Mini Pie Social & Hot Toddy Sandy Relief Benefit @ Beginnings (110 Meserole Ave) 5-8pm, Bring mini-pies of the savory or sweet variety to exchange with other Pie-eaters or purchase a mini pie for a small free, all proceeds benefit Brooklyn Community Foundation
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ SANDY BENEFIT ♦ Art Event
♦ Popular Standard @ Cleopatra’s (110 Meserole Ave) 6-9pm, an exhibition of collaborative works by Mary Helena Clark and Josh Minkus, RSVP
♥ Sandy Animal Relief Benefit @ Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 9pm, $20, Night of Comedy & Music, RSVP
♥ The Heaping Helping Benefit Dinner @ The Brooklyn Kitchen (100 Frost St) 6:30-9pm, a potluck-style fundraiser to benefit the fine folks at Greenpoint Soup Kitchen, Sign up to provide a dish (large enough to share!) or simply donate $20 at the door for full access, RSVP
♥ Fall Supper Club Fundraiser @ Greenpoint Church (126 Milton St) Cocktails 6:30, Dinner 8pm, $20, 4 Course Vegetarian Meal to Benefit Greenpoint Soup Kitchen, RSVP
♦ Circled The Man @ Heliopolis Project Space (154 Huron St) 7-10pm, Artwork by Daniel Bozhkov, Dineo Seshee Bopape, Erkan Özgen, Sener Özmen, Ji Hye Yom, Susana Gaudêncio, Curated by Georgia Elrod, Sarada Rauch and Baris Gokturk
♦ Walking Away (In A Forward Direction) @ the one well (165 Greenpoint Ave) 7-10pm, New Works By Edwin Bethea
♥ Dog Masquerade & Food Drive @ Russell St (bet. Nassau & Driggs) 1-4pm, Pups are asked to attend in costume and humans are asked to bring non-perishables for humans AND pets, More info
♫ ♥ FUCK. OFF. SANDY. A Benefit Show @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 3-7pm, *$10, HELIOTROPES / ZULA / FANTASMES / SHARK WEEK, all proceeds to benefit New York Cares, *donation includes raffle ticket with over 60 prizes, RSVP
♥ Chili Cook-Off / Occupy Sandy Benefit @ Diamond (43 Franklin St) 5-8pm, $12, Taste of all chilis and voting card, one pint Hofstetten 1810 from the wooden barrel, fabulous live entertainment in the basement