After making it all the way to the World Series last year, the New York Mets have a shot at playoff baseball for the second season in a row. They face off against the San Francisco Giants in the National League wild card game at Citi Field at 8:09pm tonight. This is do-or-die time for the Mets, as the loser of this game will hang up their cleats until next season and the winner will advance to the NLDS vs. the Chicago Cubs. It’s a home game, Mets ace Noah Syndergaard is on the mound, and the forecast calls for perfect baseball weather this evening. Now, all we can do is raise a cold glass of beer to the Amazins and hope for the best tonight. In order to help you do that, we thought we’d put together a little list of some of the best Mets/baseball hot spots around (or close to) Greenpoint!
- Weekend Must-Do’s: Greenpointers Nutcracker Holiday Market, Gold Dust, Oddities Flea, STREB Slam + MORE!!
- High Flying STREB Production “Action Heroes: Sooner, Higher, Faster, Harder!” Runs Through 12-15
- EPA Proposes Newtown Creek Tunnel to Divert 61 Percent of Annual Wastewater Overflow
- Thursday Spotlight: Ryan William Downey on creating theater that’s “slapstick comedy, abject horror, and pure existential dread”
- Ps 34 Parent Teacher Association Holds Online Auction to Raise Funds