Of the dogs who stood in front of NYC Pet on Driggs Ave. on Saturday, a surprising number had both first and last names. There was a collie-shepherd named David Hasselhoff, a basset hound-boxer named Patrick Henry, and a Calhoun hound-pit bull named Faye Dunaway — in addition to a “super mellow” beagle mix, whose dirty blonde erudition and Germanic allure had apparently compelled a previous owner to name her Carole Lombard. Though some of the dogs were still considered puppies, most were at least twice the size of a shoebox, and all of them were hoping to find adopters, as part of the weekly-to-biweekly events organized by Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue.
- Greenpoint This Week: Something’s Fishy, Drive or Walk-In Cinema, Wild Masks, and More!
- Greenpoint’s New Drive-In Cinema Includes Seating Area for Pedestrians
- Greenery Unlimited Returns This Weekend With ‘Almost Summer’ Sidewalk Plant Sale
- Where to Get Takeout Cocktails in Greenpoint and Williamsburg
- Thursday Spotlight: Masks In The Wild Commissions Artists and Promotes Public Health