I remember the time that I first noticed Polka Dot. I was walking down Manhattan Avenue, undoubtedly heading toward Peter Pan to satisfy my apple crumb donut addiction. Thankfully, I spotted the happy script across the street that was this little Polish cafe’s new sign. Many of you may not know that Polka Dot is in fact the reimagining of what was once the Polski Meat Market. Opened in 1996 by Marzena Parys and her husband, it’s evolved with the neighborhood into the gem that it is today. Continue reading
- Vinnie’s Pizzeria Delivers Free Pies to Essential Workers
- Williamsburg Landlord Mario Salerno Waives Rent for Hundreds of Tenants Due to Coronavirus
- Greenpoint’s Construction Sites Are Still Bustling
- Greenpoint This Week: Restaurant Worker Relief Center Opens, Condo Construction Halts, Supermarkets Adjust to Social Distancing, and More!
- Local Grocery Stores Adjust to Social Distancing