Spring meditation exercise: Close your eyes. Picture yourself clothed in billowing white linen, ocean waves spanning before you, skin kissed by rays of golden sunlight. One hand holds a frosty piña colada, the other a frivolous periodical. You gently rake your outstretched toes through the warm, white sand. Ahhhhhhh, Key West. Wish you were here, my friends… SMACK! Yeah, I slapped you. Snap out of it! A) You’re still in freezing-cold New York and B) since you’re still in the city, I’m guessing you don’t have time to meditate. But one lucky Greenpointer, Yana Gilbuena, of the Salo Project, has escaped frigid NYC and is in that crazy city of Key West, kicking off her 50 states/50 dinners series tonight! In celebration, she shares with us her recipe for sinuglaw–a spicy ceviche of pork belly, cucumber, fresh tuna, and spices– a dish native to Davao, Philippines. Continue reading
- New Renderings of Domino Sugar Redevelopment Show Glass-Domed Design
- Facing Closure, Park Church Co-op Seeks Community Support
- TASTE Williamsburg/Greenpoint Now On Sale!
- Greenpoint This Week: Safe Way Home Act, Old Bay Seasoning, Carolyn Maloney’s Challangers, and More
- [email protected] Bounces Back With a Grand Rebrand After Almost Closing