Happy spring, and happy Monday, Greenpoint. I’m resolving to be healthy and renewed after a shameless and somewhat regrettable Saturday night binge on freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, prompting a fairly intensive trip to the fruit stand Sunday morning. No more excuses about not cooking now that my fridge is officially bursting at the seams with all sort of fresh, beautiful produce. The change in season’s got me all excited to try some new things in the kitchen, and after some digging around on the web I came across this twist on one of my old favorites– upma— a savory Indian breakfast porridge studded with diced veggies, cashews, peas, and spices, traditionally made with semolina, but made here with rolled oats instead. It’s got all the ingredients you need to get your day started on the right foot– healthy, delicious, and honestly kind of awe-inspiring. Make a big batch and enjoy it reheated as the week goes one. This dish’s flavors are bright enough to shine for days. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Goodbye Jimmy’s, Hello Tropical Storm, Farewell Absentee Ballots, and More!
- Beloved Neighborhood Restaurant Jimmy’s Diner Closes After 13 Years
- See Which Businesses in North Brooklyn Received COVID Relief Money
- Greenpoint Film Festival Will Host a Drive-In Edition This August
- Azure Gourmet Opens Upscale Deli on Franklin Street