War Correspondents, Senior Center Art Show, Brooklyn Castle, Eat Your Face Off, Five Windows, Daddies!: What’s Happening Greenpoint? (6/12-6/17)
• OSA Community Committee Public Forum @ The Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 7-8:30pm, our chance as community members to bring your ideas for maintaining, improving and celebrating our parks in North Brooklyn,More info
* Sailor Jerry Day – 102 Free Tattoos @ The Gutter (200 N 14th St) 7-11pm, 102 free tattoos in honor of the actual Normal “Sailor Jerry” Collins, the tattoo artist for whom the brand is named, choose your tattoo by throwing a dart – afterwards, a free shot of rum, RSVP
* War Correspondents @ Brooklyn Brewery (70 No. 11th St) 7:30pm, $15, featured guests ABC’s Bob Woodruff, war reporter Janine di Giovanni & author Jim Frederick display their work in the world’s most dangerous conflicts.
☺ We Stole These Jokes From Dane Cook’s Dad @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave) 7:30-9:30pm, FREE, a comedy show, “Make your Dad proud by listening to strangers tell awkward stories about their families”
♫ Northside Festival Begins, thru 6/20 – Check out Greenpointers Music Guide
♦ Northside Senior Citizen Center Art Exhibit @ Northside Senior Citizen Center (179 No. 6th St) 1-3pm, original paintings and jewelry hand crafted by members of the Center for sale, proceeds used to support the art classes at the Center
* ‘Brooklyn Castle’ Screening @ Williamsburg Beacon Center (850 Grand St) 5:30pm, FREE, the award-winning, critically-acclaimed documentary about the chess team at Williamsburg’s IS 318, which has won multiple national championships, popcorn, hot dogs, drinks, Q&A with filmmaker Katie Dellamaggiore, RSVP
♦ Homespun @ the one well (165 Greenpoint Ave) 7-10pm, collection of mixed media collages by Vanessa Porter
• Relay for Life @ CitiStorage (No. 11th & East River) 10am-12am, an American Cancer Society fundraisor with music, games entertainment all day long and through the night.
# Chill Out! Vegan Shop-Up! @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St., Bushwick) 12-6pm, Ice Pops, Seitan Gyros, Nut Butters, Iced Chai, Fresh Salsas, Soul Food, Skin Care, Bug Repellent, Cat Toys
• Eat Your Face Off @ The Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) 3pm, Rusty Ralston presents the Bombay Jay Z Dog, Brooklyn meats India, 50 delicious dogs available
♦ Northside Art @ Williamsburg Walks (Bedford Betw. No. 8th & No. 9th) 3-8pm, temporary wall units, interactive installations and sculptures will be staggered throughout the block for live painting performances, graffiti and other participation oriented works.
♦ Five Windows @ Northside Town Hall (134 Wythe Ave.) 6-10pm, a multi-channel video installation that explores the fluid nature of urban space through a series of static, voyeuristic shots looking through windows into public and private spaces.
♦ Self Help @ Rawson Projects (223 Franklin St) 6-8pm, summer group exhibition Jocelyn Miller (Curatorial Assistant at MoMA PS1) featuring work by CONFETTISYSTEM (Nicholas Andersen and Julie Ho), Thomas Jeppe, Georgie Roxby Smith, and Pinar Yolacan, RSVP
♫ Officially Unofficial Northside Show @ Coco66 (66 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, $5, Presented by Greenpointers & Supercrush Studios, Performances by Turning Into, Butter The Children, Old Monk, A Bunch Of Dead People, Del Guapo, RSVP
SUNDAY 6/16 * FATHER’S DAY! *
• Daddies! @ Palace Cafe (206 Nassau Ave) 8-10pm, a reading featuring Hedge trimmers! Speedboats! Conspiracy theories! Drugs! and the following writers: Sarah Tomlinson, Sean H. Doyle, Aiden Arata, Kate Mooney, Jacob Perkins and Karina Briski
# Motown On Mondays & Yummy Eats @ Shayz Lounge (130 Franklin St) 6-11pm, soul music and soul food, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones likely
♦ Art Event
☺ Comedy Event
# Foodie Event
Did you find this event listing useful? Maybe you met the love of your life! Or you discovered a great new band! Consider making a $5 donation to support our weekly calendar!
Greenpointers.com relies on the support of local businesses, supporters and our readers.