A couple of weekends ago, Diamond Lil quietly opened its doors at 179 Nassau Avenue. The bar takes its name from a risqué Broadway play by former Greenpoint resident, playwright, Hollywood star and sex symbol, Mae West. This is just one of the ways the space pays homage to strong women. The bar is co-owned by John Wright and Tim Murray, who is the same owner of Broken Land (105 Franklin Ave.) which hosted several fundraisers for Planned Parenthood leading up to the Women’s March earlier this year. There will likely be fundraisers in the future focusing on local organizations. Continue reading
- Williamsburg Chosen for Neighborhood Safety Coalition to Combat Hate Crimes
- Planting seeds of love! “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn” Valentine’s Market is COMING (2/9): 60+ indie crafters, soju cocktails, free massages, poetic tarot, henna and so much more!
- Fashion Sundae: Episode 27
- Greenpoint This Week: Neighborhood Safety Coalition, West Street Truck Takeover, Park Deli Reopens, and More!
- Watch as Construction Trucks Convene For Blocks on West Streets’ Protected Bike Lane