A couple of weekends ago, Diamond Lil quietly opened its doors at 179 Nassau Avenue. The bar takes its name from a risqué Broadway play by former Greenpoint resident, playwright, Hollywood star and sex symbol, Mae West. This is just one of the ways the space pays homage to strong women. The bar is co-owned by John Wright and Tim Murray, who is the same owner of Broken Land (105 Franklin Ave.) which hosted several fundraisers for Planned Parenthood leading up to the Women’s March earlier this year. There will likely be fundraisers in the future focusing on local organizations. Continue reading
- New Brooklyn Publisher Antics Hosts Party Celebrating Upcoming Artists’ Books
- Greenpoint This Week: Garden Employee Card Drive, Local/Global Art Gallery Opening, Trader Joes is Coming, and More!
- Faurschou Foundation Opens With “The Red Bean Grows in the South” Exhibition Sunday (12/15)
- Photos: 94th Precinct’s Annual Toy Drive Brings Holiday Cheer
- Proposed Williamsburg Waterfront Towers Includes Plan for Public Beach