Non-profit cinema group Mono No Aware are leading a series of filmmaking workshops starting next month, starting in June. You can learn how to shoot stuff not on a phone, but on real actual film (yes, that still exists). A few of the workshops are already sold out, but there are still a few spots available in the other classes, or you can join the waitlist. The classes meet at either Mono No Aware (33 Flatbush Ave) or at Center For Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave). So for just a couple hundred bucks you can learn how to be the next Woody Allen… er, the next Quentin Tarantino… er, just be whatever kind of filmmaker you want to be, just hopefully not a scumbag. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. Reopens, Kickstarter Unionizes, North Brooklyn Pipeline Protest Grows, and More!
- Line & Label Launches New Jewelry Line! Launch Party Tonight (2/21)
- Missing Greenpoint Woman’s Body Found in Newtown Creek
- Fox & Fawn Reopens on Manhattan Avenue, Dusty Friends Extends Their Stay and Other Local Business Changes
- North Brooklyn Pipeline Protestors Call on Governor and Mayor to Stop Construction