We’ve covered The Takedowns before–they’re a really special way for home cooks to feel like they’re on Iron Chef and compete with each other for real actual prizes, while audience members/tasters will leave with their bellies happily full of whatever tasty food item is the star of the takedown. And, our own Greenpointer Jenn de la Vega got her start as a culinary expert and cookbook author by participating in The Takedowns more than five years ago; now she judges the events. There’s still space for folks to enter the competition and you can sign up by emailing [email protected]. We’ll be at this weekend’s Meatball Takedown stuffing our faces with all the balls we can handle.
- Building (and Exploding) on the River — The Hook-up (8/17)
- Shots fired in Greenpoint Near 50 Cent, 6ix9ine Video Shoot
- Volunteer: Weed-O-Rama at Transmitter Park (8/18)
- Foodie Night Market, Public Paddle and Universal Love — What’s Happening, Greenpoint (8/15 – 8/21)
- Endless Summer: Free (or cheap) North Brooklyn Must-Dos