We are sad to learn of Manny Franquinha’s passing via the Crest Hardware (558 Metropolitan Ave) Facebook Page. Crest has been open since 1962, and as a mom and pop harware store, they’ve been able to truly bring the community together over the years. Crest has an annual art show, and is also known for Franklin the potbelly pig, who often makes an appearance in their back garden. Crest is more than a neighborhood hardware store, and whenever you go in there to buy anything at all you feel personally attended to—something that was important to Manny when he founded the shop many years ago. Funeral service details from Crest’s Facebook page: Continue reading
- Where do you Ramen in Greenpoint?
- Shake off the Monday Blues at The Williamsburg Hotel’s MNDFL Meditation
- At Triskelion, A Feminist Dance Piece by Denisa Musilova
- Get Elevated to a New Universe with DJ The Josh Craig at Our Spring Market (4/22)
- Greenpoint’s Tiniest Building Will House a New Mexican Restaurant