A few weeks ago the L Magazine ran a feature of the top five places to get your nails done in Brooklyn. Sadly, it overlooked Freckle Salon’s very own Claire Beaudreault, one of Greenpoint’s most exciting emerging nail artists since Ria Lopez of Nail Art by Ria. Claire is the cool girl on the block who will make you tea, paint something amazing like tiny cats on your nails (or in my latest experience, pink ombre) and leave you feeling like you can point at world with very beautiful fingers and know exactly what you want from it. She fits right in at Freckle, which from Greenpointer’s prior coverage you’ll recall is the salon you’d hoped one day would open in our neighborhood. Continue reading
- New Brooklyn Publisher Antics Hosts Party Celebrating Upcoming Artists’ Books
- Greenpoint This Week: Garden Employee Card Drive, Local/Global Art Gallery Opening, Trader Joes is Coming, and More!
- Faurschou Foundation Opens With “The Red Bean Grows in the South” Exhibition Sunday (12/15)
- Photos: 94th Precinct’s Annual Toy Drive Brings Holiday Cheer
- Proposed Williamsburg Waterfront Towers Includes Plan for Public Beach