Local Long Island City organization Korean K9 Rescue, are committed to ending the Korean dog meat trade and rescuing dogs from South Korean streets. And they’re having a dog adoption event this Saturday, April 14th at The Storefront (194 Irving Avenue). So if you’re in the market for a world traveled cutie pa-poochie, get there from 12-4pm on Saturday afternoon. You can check out a list of available dogs here, and more details can be found at their site. Many of the animals have heart-wrenching stories of being scooped up after wandering the streets or rescued from dog meat farmers—and after making the journey from Korea to NYC they are waiting and ready for your love and affection!
- Hit Up Bushwick Open Studios This Weekend! (9/28-9/30)
- Get Ready: No L Train Every Weekend in October
- Food News: BBQ and Southern Food Popups, Everyday Brunch & A Fish Sauce Workshop
- 80s Inspired Beach Bar, The Breakers Hosts Charity Party to Support Local (Tuesday 9/25)
- Police Searching For Man Accused of Hate Crime Beating in Williamsburg