Local Long Island City organization Korean K9 Rescue, are committed to ending the Korean dog meat trade and rescuing dogs from South Korean streets. And they’re having a dog adoption event this Saturday, April 14th at The Storefront (194 Irving Avenue). So if you’re in the market for a world traveled cutie pa-poochie, get there from 12-4pm on Saturday afternoon. You can check out a list of available dogs here, and more details can be found at their site. Many of the animals have heart-wrenching stories of being scooped up after wandering the streets or rescued from dog meat farmers—and after making the journey from Korea to NYC they are waiting and ready for your love and affection!
- National Hot Dog Day, Epic Ride, Weird Science and Glitter Punk Extravaganza — What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (7/18 – 7/24)
- Stargaze in Transmitter Park Tomorrow Night (Thursday, 7/19)
- North Brooklyn Boat Club’s Summer Solstice Party is This Saturday! (7/21)
- Get Your Art On: Two FREE Botanical Illustration Classes (7/20 & 7/25)
- “Affordable” Housing Lottery Now Open for $2100 Studio in Greenpoint