“For every graveyard in the moonlight, there’s a junkyard in the sun,” sings the Texan folk-rocker Butch Hancock. Lately, our weekend music picks have been luring you to some dark worlds, like the ascendant hardcore punk scene in North Brooklyn. Today we head to sunnier climes, and recommend some acoustic, intimate, and heartwarming performances around town.
- Protestors Rally in Front of Council Member Levin’s Apartment During Budget Vote
- How White Neighbors Can Be Better Allies to BIPOC in a Mostly White Neighborhood
- Levain Bakery Opens Wednesday in Williamsburg Donating Proceeds to North Brooklyn Angels
- As Partygoers Crowd Berry Street, Police Enforce “Open Streets” Schedule
- Williamsburg Mural Depicts 2020’s Chaotic Headlines, So Far