There is something playful happening at Cafe Grumpy on 193 Meserole Avenue. It stops me when I’m looking for a seat in the recently renovated space—almost a dozen colorful and fun paintings made with brewed coffee, pen, ink, and watercolor line the walls in neat wooden frames. I want one, I think, and my best friend will want one, too. The barista confirms that he wants one as well, and so I look up the artist: Craig Peterson of Indiana, Pennsylvania. A day later, we discuss his “Coffee Art” series via telephone. Continue reading
- Foodie Night Market, Public Paddle and Universal Love — What’s Happening, Greenpoint (8/15 – 8/21)
- Endless Summer: Free (or cheap) North Brooklyn Must-Dos
- Paulie Gee’s Slice Shop Will Finally Open August 29th!
- New Greenpoint Magic Show is Utterly Spellbinding
- Free Live Jazz in McGolrick Park Thursday 8/16