This week’s lesson in language, and cooking for that matter, comes from Greenpointer’s own Yuka Miyata, who you may know from our Greenpointer’s markets (like the Spring Market happening next week Sunday! Y’all should come by for food, fun, crafts, and more). I asked Yuka what she likes to cook when the weather gets warmer (and veggie-roasting season has ended), and she answered my call with this beauty of a recipe for Hiya-Shabu— a chilled take on shabu-shabu made with thinly-sliced pork, infused with refreshing ginger and scallion, sprinkled with shiso leaves and drizzled with a soy-sesame-ginger-herb sauce. Whoa… Yum! Continue reading
- Suspect Sought in Williamsburg Gunpoint Robbery
- New Renderings of Domino Sugar Redevelopment Show Glass-Domed Design
- Facing Closure, Park Church Co-op Seeks Community Support
- TASTE Williamsburg/Greenpoint Now On Sale!
- Greenpoint This Week: Safe Way Home Act, Old Bay Seasoning, Carolyn Maloney’s Challangers, and More