Happy Friday! Have you looked at your superfluous (but super cool-looking) wall of international clocks lately? Because it’s 5 o’ clock in Paris, comprenez-vous? The Manhattan Cocktail Classic, NYC’s celebration of all things boozy and bibulous, starts next week (I’ll drink to that) and there will even be a bit of Brooklyn representin’ on this side of the river. New York Distilling Company (located at 79 Richardson in Williamsburg), will be hosting a guinguettes-inspired, Parisienne-themed brunch at their distillery on Saturday, May 10, hosted by Allen Katz. But all brunches aside, why not cheers to the freakin’ weekend tonight by stirring up some lovely, springy cocktails chez vous? I asked Patrick Dacy, of Greenpoint’s own Duke’s Liquor Box, on Franklin, what sort of flavors he’s been into lately, and he sent over the specs for a gorgeous, little libation he’s deemed “Le Rana”— a nod to its mingling of French and Mexican spirits. Notes of wood, smoke, ripe fruit, and bitter quinine are brightened up with fresh citrus juice and a splash of crisp ginger beer. Allons-y! Vamos! Continue reading
- EPA Hosts Newtown Creek Control Plan Comment Session in Greenpoint Wednesday (12/11)
- Brookyln Community Board 1’s Monthly Public Meeting is Tonight (12/10)
- Fashion Sundae Episode 20
- Greenpoint This Week: Market Mania, EPA Newtown Creek Plan, 2005 Rezoning and Displacement, and More!
- Weekend Must-Do’s: Greenpointers Nutcracker Holiday Market, Gold Dust, Oddities Flea, STREB Slam + MORE!!