I’ll admit it. My spice cabinet is a bit of a mess. And it seems the more cooking I do, the greater into disarray my cache of seasonings falls. A six-year-old, nearly untouched jar of marjoram rests atop a pillow of unlabeled ziploc bags filled with heaping spoonfuls of unidentified yellow and green aromatic powders. Towards the back of the cupboard, a tub of oregano the size of a house cat mocks me. Too much of this, too little of that, and what to do with it all, assuming the old stuff still has pungency? Greenpoint’s Tara Suan, has come up with an idea to combat these common kitchen conundrums.
- Greenpoint This Week: Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co. Reopens, Kickstarter Unionizes, North Brooklyn Pipeline Protest Grows, and More!
- Line & Label Launches New Jewelry Line! Launch Party Tonight (2/21)
- Missing Greenpoint Woman’s Body Found in Newtown Creek
- Fox & Fawn Reopens on Manhattan Avenue, Dusty Friends Extends Their Stay and Other Local Business Changes
- North Brooklyn Pipeline Protestors Call on Governor and Mayor to Stop Construction