As you have probably heard by now, beloved Manhattan Avenue bar The Habitat will be closing its doors one last time on Saturday, September 16th. And even though their blessed wings are gone for good (their kitchen is closed due to a gas issue in the building), there’s still a chance to pay your last respects this week. On Sunday (9/10) at 2pm they’re hosting a flea market selling paintings and screenprints from past events (the ice cream paintings included!), plus household goods and ceramics from AmeliaBK. Quiz Night is Tuesday the 12th at 8pm, and the bar blowout farewell party is Saturday September 16th from 2pm until they run out of booze. Continue reading
- New Brooklyn Publisher Antics Hosts Party Celebrating Upcoming Artists’ Books
- Greenpoint This Week: Garden Employee Card Drive, Local/Global Art Gallery Opening, Trader Joes is Coming, and More!
- Faurschou Foundation Opens With “The Red Bean Grows in the South” Exhibition Sunday (12/15)
- Photos: 94th Precinct’s Annual Toy Drive Brings Holiday Cheer
- Proposed Williamsburg Waterfront Towers Includes Plan for Public Beach