Last week, Party to Protect, a local socially-conscious fundraiser produced for Earthjustice, one of America’s major non-profit public interest law organizations for the environment rocked Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave). The concert was the second half of Party To Protect’s all day program that started earlier in the day with Tattoos to Protect The Planet at nearby venue Magick City (37 Box St) where artists from Magic Cobra Tattoo Society offered $60 black-only tattoos. A similar tattoo event held in February raised over $4,000 and though the rain wasn’t helpful Magick City’s owner Rich Awn reported that most folks came early before it really started to pour. Continue reading
- Greenpoint This Week: Something’s Fishy, Drive or Walk-In Cinema, Wild Masks, and More!
- Greenpoint’s New Drive-In Cinema Includes Seating Area for Pedestrians
- Greenery Unlimited Returns This Weekend With ‘Almost Summer’ Sidewalk Plant Sale
- Where to Get Takeout Cocktails in Greenpoint and Williamsburg
- Thursday Spotlight: Masks In The Wild Commissions Artists and Promotes Public Health