There is something playful happening at Cafe Grumpy on 193 Meserole Avenue. It stops me when I’m looking for a seat in the recently renovated space—almost a dozen colorful and fun paintings made with brewed coffee, pen, ink, and watercolor line the walls in neat wooden frames. I want one, I think, and my best friend will want one, too. The barista confirms that he wants one as well, and so I look up the artist: Craig Peterson of Indiana, Pennsylvania. A day later, we discuss his “Coffee Art” series via telephone. Continue reading
- Sign This Petition to Move the Farmers Market Back to the Middle of McGolrick
- The Bushwick Starr’s “Singlet” Tests the Limits of Intimacy
- Dentists, Graphic Designers, Lighting Interns: Greenpoint Gigs – Week of 5/22
- Photography Show Opening This Thursday (5/24) at Brooklyn Grain
- Paddle Newtown Creek, Enjoy a Waterfront Fire Pit + More: The North Brooklyn Boat Club’s Opening Bash is This Saturday!