This week’s lesson in language, and cooking for that matter, comes from Greenpointer’s own Yuka Miyata, who you may know from our Greenpointer’s markets (like the Spring Market happening next week Sunday! Y’all should come by for food, fun, crafts, and more). I asked Yuka what she likes to cook when the weather gets warmer (and veggie-roasting season has ended), and she answered my call with this beauty of a recipe for Hiya-Shabu— a chilled take on shabu-shabu made with thinly-sliced pork, infused with refreshing ginger and scallion, sprinkled with shiso leaves and drizzled with a soy-sesame-ginger-herb sauce. Whoa… Yum! Continue reading
- Three Greenpoint Avenue Apartment Buildings Sell for $29 Million
- Volunteer With After-School Art Program at Eckford Street Studio
- New Deli Coming to American Deli Market Location, Fox & Fawn Relocating, and more Greenpoint Business Changes
- Williamsburg Chosen for Neighborhood Safety Coalition to Combat Hate Crimes
- Planting seeds of love! “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn” Valentine’s Market is COMING (2/9): 60+ indie crafters, soju cocktails, free massages, poetic tarot, henna and so much more!