Esme, the newest restaurant to open on Manhattan Avenue, is named after the female protagonist in J.D. Salinger’s ‘For Esmé – with Love and Squalor’. Happily, the new bistro reflects all of the love but none of the squalor of the touching short story about an encounter between an American soldier and an enchanting young British girl during WW2. “My dad gave the book to me and my brother when we were 14 and that story was one of the reasons we ended up going to college” says Esme co-owner Matthew Ricke. Continue reading
- Williamsburg Chosen for Neighborhood Safety Coalition to Combat Hate Crimes
- Planting seeds of love! “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn” Valentine’s Market is COMING (2/9): 60+ indie crafters, soju cocktails, free massages, poetic tarot, henna and so much more!
- Fashion Sundae: Episode 27
- Greenpoint This Week: Neighborhood Safety Coalition, West Street Truck Takeover, Park Deli Reopens, and More!
- Watch as Construction Trucks Convene For Blocks on West Streets’ Protected Bike Lane