Passion for coziness and a reverence for Dolly Parton sound like the perfect combo in an artist, and Caroline Z. Hurley boasts both of those things. Hurley was originally trained in painting at RISD, but her Greenpoint-based eponymous label (with a shop at 155 Freeman Street) produces textiles for the home using age-old, hands-on processes like block-printing, quilting, and weaving. Greenpointers had the pleasure of catching up with Caroline and hearing more about her artistic process, and how she managed to turn an “accident” into a full-fledged, sustainable manufacturing business. Continue reading
- Our Holiday Market Is Over but Winter Candyland Lives On In Our Photo Booth!
- Where to Get Sweet & Savory Treats for Holiday Parties
- Get Unlimited Craft Cocktails at Spiked Mug Fest for 30% Off
- Art, Urban Equity and Brooklyn in Albany — The Hook-up 12/15
- Bellocq, Greenpoint’s Very Own Tea Atelier on West Street