3rd Ward may have had its faults (more of them than we imagined, it seems), but there was something deeply inspiring about a huge workspace and resource center designed especially for Brooklyn’s many talented creators, and we’d be lying if we told you its presence won’t be missed. However, in the wake of the spot’s closure, we’ve found ourselves reminded time and again that 3rd Ward wasn’t the only game in town–so many of our friends and neighbors have other studios, class centers, coworking quarters and event spaces with their own amazing offerings. Bushwick Daily and Greenpointers reached out to some of our favorite such institutions, and it’s with great pride that we present our readers with our official guide to ten of this borough’s greatest places to take your creativity when making is your job. Take a look through–you can thank us when you get settled in at a place that hooks it up and makes it happen!
- Greek Gyro Shop BZ Grill Opens Across From McCarren Park in Greenpoint
- “Glitzy” Dental Startup Joins Chase Bank at Former Williamsburg Salvation Army
- Police Searching for Gunman Who Robbed Williamsburg Barbershop
- Find Rare Desert Plants at The Arid Room by Tula
- Bernie Sanders Leads in NYC Donations With Strong North Brooklyn Support