In 2006, artist and educator Brooke Borg was a recent college graduate with a one-way ticket to Barcelona. In 2012, she finally came back to the United States, MFA in hand and fluent in Catalan, ready to continue teaching and creating art in Brooklyn. Her work has been influenced by her travels, her own family and religious background, and the experiences of others that she’s collected and adroitly examined by using drawing, sculpture, and electronic media. Last week, Borg invited Greenpointers to her Calyer Street studio for a preview of her newest works-in-progress about modern love relationships. Continue reading
- Massive School of Fish Spotted in Newtown Creek
- Overnight Repaving of Greenpoint Avenue Scheduled for Wednesday Night
- Virtual Combined SLA Review and Public Safety Meeting for Brooklyn Community Board 1 is Tonight
- Greenpoint This Week: More Open Streets, Met Foods Workers Awarded, Pipeline Construction Resumes, and More!
- Where to Buy Face Masks in Greenpoint and Williamsburg